Have been teaching Python to graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral students, engineers and researchers since 2009.
Have been loving science since 1980, and practicing it since 1998 (PhD in quantum physics).
Good code design is a major priority for me.
Started programming in 1983. Worked with a dozen programming languages (imperative [Python, Fortran, Perl, Pascal, BASIC, C, C++,…], functional [Caml], mathematical (Mathematica, Maple, IDL), stack-based [Postscript, HP RPL], constraint-based [Prolog], flow-based [LabView], and assembly [Motorola 68000, HP Saturn]).
Have been working with Unix since 1994.
Started programming in Python in 2006, and still loving it!
Top Network Posts
- 248super() raises "TypeError: must be type, not classobj" for new-style class
- 191super() raises "TypeError: must be type, not classobj" for new-style class
- 171UnicodeDecodeError when redirecting to file
- 117Is False == 0 and True == 1 in Python an implementation detail or is it guaranteed by the language?
- 89Python: Get relative path from comparing two absolute paths
- 82What are Python dictionary view objects?
- 77Changing default encoding of Python?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.