Linguist by talent, code-monkey by choice, corporate drone by necessity. French part-time wine trader and coder, living in Asia since the dark days of the [blink] tag. I used to code 8080 assembly by hand. Now, I stay a few layers above that. Craziness is for the young.
I do mostly custom code dev (desktop apps for SMEs, or middleware). Got interested recently in mobile apps, and despite my undying love for Blackberry phones (that's the corporate drone speaking), I code mostly in Phonegap for Android and sometimes iOS. I have a bunch of code on Google Code, which I guess I should move to GitHub – all the more so since git is my weapon of choice.
I do Java/C code only with a gun to my head – but Android is good at dragging me back in Java-land. Python preferred for non-critical apps. GUI apps mostly in RealStudio (and C glue code in dylibs). Erlang when I want to make my CPUs overheat and scream past the competition ;-)
Top Network Posts
- 10How were Chinese characters taught to Chinese children before the introduction of pinyin?
- 10Is Hakka spoken the same in Guangdong and Taiwan?
- 9Reverse strings in C
- 8What do these two 'x' mean in this Python code: self.x = x?
- 7What does "bêcher" mean in the context of ignoring someone?
- 6Written Cantonese Pronunciation
- View more network posts →